Birthdate Statistics

Birthday: November 24, 2010

Time: 1209 am

Length: 12.5 inches

Weight: 1 pound 8 ounces




Sunday, December 12, 2010

Firsts

Tonight was filled with a lot of "firsts" in our young man's life. It was the first time we took a family picture with the three of us. It is simply the most precious picture. I cannot wait to share it with all of you and I'm excited to have one with all four of us! It was also the first time that Jaden sucked his thumb. I saw his hand inching closer and closer to his mouth and I knew that it would only be a matter of time. It is uncoordinated and awkward, as he's not quite in control of his motions at this time and yet it is one of the cutest thing I have ever seen. And the two most important firsts are my absolute favorites: the first time he wrapped his hand around his father's finger, followed by the first time he really smiled. Jaden's precious little hand is so tiny against Joe's, yet they look as though they were designed to match perfectly; like a lock and key--the most wonderful lock and key that is! I cannot describe the sheer joy I felt at this moment. It was if for one moment all of the stress and tears of the past 3 weeks were erased--that God was smiling down on us as a family!! <3 <3 I am truly blessed!

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Leann. Thank you again for sharing this blog. We all can't come into the NICU with Jaden, but this makes us feel such a part of what is going on with him and with you.I love that Jaden, your faith and your family are growing every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness you write so well...a person gets all caught up in it like there actually witnessing it...I am glad Jaden held onto his daddys finger...he was telling his daddy he'll be okay...I am thankful that my babygirl got to have some happiness...I love you all can't wait to see the pic

    ReplyDelete