Birthdate Statistics

Birthday: November 24, 2010

Time: 1209 am

Length: 12.5 inches

Weight: 1 pound 8 ounces




Friday, January 21, 2011

Week 8 Update

Week 8 has been great! Jaden has graduated to CPAP and thrived on it! Throughout the week they decreased his pressure from 7-5 and have lowered his oxygen accordingly! Hopefully soon he'll move to nasal canula and we'll be able to see his whole face! I cannot tell you how much that excites me! I cannot give you a measurement, because they've been very different, so I'm not sure how accurate they really are. I mean, there's no real science in holding up a tape measure, :o). His weight is up over 3.5 pounds now, so his chubbiness, and correlating cuteness, is increasing! His swelling is still remarkable and the increased lasix doses are not working! I hope they find a solution to this soon. His feeds were increased to 11 ml/hour. They're holding off on really increasing this further until he gets rid of the excess fluid. He does seem to have some reflux issues at this point, but all in all they're not too bad! His bed is fully elevated and seems to be helping. Our holds have increased in both length and frequency, so I'm pretty excited about that! It's been a tremendously quiet week and I could not be more thrilled with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment